A review, edit and polish of your text can make all the difference between winning or missing out; understanding or confusion.
If you're about to submit a tender or report, half-way through an article about sustainability, or simply stuck with your writing, let me be your extra pair of eyes and friendly copy-editor. Together we'll make your text shine!
Some current and past clients
European Patent Office (EPO) · foodwatch Netherlands · Greenpeace International · Museum of Tomorrow International (MoTI) · Ol Pejeta Conservancy · Philips · Translators without Borders · UNDP · University of Groningen · Many brilliant individuals
An objective review and feedback can help move your document forward and give it the right focus and frame. Things I consider are: your audience, legal or other requirements, clarity and flow.
"Description begins in the writer’s imagination, but should finish in the reader’s" (Stephen King). As your copy-editor, I will apply what you want to say, what your audience needs, and the best way to write it.
Proofreading & Polishing
How confident do you feel about sharing or publishing your document? Make sure it's good to go by hiring me to clean up grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation and formatting. UK and US English possible.
If you're losing time and money on reinventing content or correcting the same errors over and over again, I can help develop a custom editorial style guide that will improve quality and consistency for you and your readers.
A proactive and insightful editor. She understood the content of our material quickly, and was able to make constructive suggestions for improving its clarity.
Translators without Borders
Her patience approach and quality work contributed to the success of our award-winning intranet. Thank you!
When working with translated texts we now look for Sally to make sure our final copies are always professional, clear and coherent.
Many thanks for reading, correcting and rewriting my proposal so thoroughly. I am very happy with the end result and feel lucky that my proposal could profit from your input!
- Copy-edit over 500,000 words per year and have never missed a deadline
- Member of Society of English-language professionals in the Netherlands (SENSE)
- Certified Professional Technical Communicator by the European Association for Technical Communication (tekom Europe e.V.)
- Certified Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages (CELTA)
Much of my work falls under different confidentiality agreements and is therefore not shareable. The examples here are simply to offer an initial impression. If you need a more detailed sample, please contact me.
- Substantive edit of draft chapter 'Protection Principles' for the 2018 edition of the Sphere Handbook: Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Humanitarian Response.
- English language feedback on a Dutch to English translation about multilingualism.
- Final proofread of a project proposal to strengthen disaster risk management capacities in Turkmenistan.