A lot of my writing and editing has been for internal use or subject to a non-disclosure agreement (NDA), so it's tricky for me to share decent examples of my work. Still, here you can find some abstracts, plus examples of my own information products. If it helps to see a mock-up of what I could do for you, feel free to send me a request and I'll come straight back to you.
- Tips for writing project proposals and tenders for services. I wrote these for a recruitment company but they can apply to any organisation or business.
- Gap analysis of project management capabilities and standards for an international non-profit organisation.
- Programme document that launched the United Nations Joint Programme on Local Governance and Decentralised Service Delivery (JPLG) in Somalia.
- Substantive edit of draft chapter 'Protection Principles' for the 2018 edition of the Sphere Handbook: Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Humanitarian Response.
- Final proofread of a project proposal to strengthen disaster risk management capacities in Turkmenistan.
- Curriculum vitae (CV) transformation for a humanitarian procurement and logistics professional.
Creative Products & Expressions
Sometimes I need to feed my appetite for creativity and learning new tools. Even better if I can combine them with topics that fuel my passions. If you would like to explore teaming up for an initiative, why not get in touch? I don't bite and would be happy to fuse ideas and energy for a creative information journey!
Infographics : Permaculture
The ABC of Companion Planting
Most of us live in urban areas and have little space for growing food. I want to show how it's possible to improve yields and attract insects, like bees and butterflies, that are vital to our food chain, even when growing in pots or containers. The technique, called 'companion planting', isn't new — seasoned gardeners will already be familiar with it. But most of the literature out there applies to larger gardens, and not the garden patch, courtyard or balcony that many of us have.
This infographic is an ABC of how we can help nature help our harvests in small spaces. It gives the best plant combinations for helping other plants grow, deterring pests, keeping weeds at bay, and retaining soil moisture. It also highlights some combinations to avoid! Applies to more temperate climates.
Termbase : Sustainability
New discussions and initiatives about sustainability enter our daily digest. And, for the sake of our planet, that's a good thing! But do we all have the same understanding of what terms like "sustainable development", "circular economy", and "carbon offset" mean?
I'm on a quest to create an online and searchable glossary of terms related to sustainability. Why? To help us understand the language that's increasingly important for our futures. Expect more news the second half of 2018!
I'm not a poet but I do enjoy writing rhymes. Sometimes serious, sometimes fun. Here I share some lines from my humanitarian experiences, and words that landed from a random word generator.
You're welcome to download, but please contact me if you want to use them or see other examples. Thank you!
Let's talk about your project!
I'm ready to be your writing partner and make words work for you.