Land your next job in the non-profit sector, international development or humanitarian action
A powerful and purposeful CV and LinkedIn profile can be the difference between getting that chance or another rejection
More interviews. More profile views.
I craft CVs, LinkedIn profiles, cover letters and other career documents so that not-for-profit, humanitarian and international development job seekers get noticed and shortlisted for the purposeful jobs they want.
When doing this, I believe in their talents and authenticity to save lives, improve society or protect our planet. This belief drives me to help them move onwards and upwards.
I've helped people working for the ICRC, World Bank, UNDP, UNHCR, UNICEF,Leiden University and many other organisations.
Whether you're a career starter, a specialist, a mid-career professional, a senior manager or a consultant, I can help speed up your job search.
7 interviews from 21 job applications and 5X more LinkedIn views
Javier, Operations Specialist
4 interviews during mentoring on a UN Personal History Form
Valerie, Partnerships Officer
10 invitations to bid for consultancies
Nadia, Public Health Professional & Development Consultant
Target recruiters will see your value...in seconds
Investing in a CV writer is indeed that, an investment.
And so is job-hunting. Right now, you're investing time and probably a considerable amount of effort to find your next job.
Maybe you have no choice or maybe you are looking for a new opportunity or change. Whatever your circumstances, I can help boost your success rate.
My clients' new CVs and LinkedIn profiles always generate more interest.
Most tell me they landed interviews from their first few job applications. Here are some reasons why:
- I start with a one-to-one career chat to talk through your career goals. This gives me insights into who you are, what you have achieved and where you want to head to next.
- I design CVs and write LinkedIn profiles that sell a person's value in seconds. As few as 6 seconds is all it can take to be in the "yes" or the "no" interview pile!
- I understand how applicant tracking systems (ATS) work. Your CV needs to beat these when you apply for a job online. I will make sure that your CV is ATS-compatible as far as possible.
- A strong LinkedIn profile is a must. Good writing helps, but your profile needs to also be set up in the right way to attract views. In addition to writing, I will give you a strategy to optimise your profile.
- My goal is to help you achieve your purpose. All my work is therefore tailored to you, your attributes and your career direction.
- Member of Career Directors International - 2nd place TORI Award for Best Classic Difficult Transition Resume 2021
- Member of Society of English-language professionals in the Netherlands (SENSE)
- Master of Science in Humanitarian Assistance
- Certified Professional Technical Communicator (tekom Europe e.V.)
- 15 years' field and HQ experience with UN agencies and international NGOs - I understand the language and dynamics
- Managed teams, hired over 50 staff and assisted organisational restructuring
- Native English
I had been job hunting for several months and was feeling a bit lost sending application after application with no response. Sally helped me to revolutionise my CV, highlighting my core skills and main achievements in a way I hadn't been able to do so. Her attention to detail and vast knowledge of the development field meant the end result was far better than I had imagined. Plus, after working together, I realized the specific area I wanted to continue working in and am now focusing my job search only in that area.
Syona, Gender Specialist
Syona started a 6-month consultancy on transitional justice and SGBV within 2 months of receiving her new CV.
Where to next...
It's important to me that you are totally satisfied with the CV package I provide you. If it doesn't hit the right notes, I'll do revisions until it does and you're happy.
I can't guarantee you any interviews, unfortunately, but with smart writing and layout, your chances are surely set to improve.
Company name: Omnia Writing Services
Reg. no.: 68494718 (The Netherlands)
Copyright © 2021 Omnia Writing Services/Sally Johnson